Location & Office Hours
503 S. 1st Street
Lamesa, TX 79331
(closed for lunch from 12:00pm-1:00pm)
South Plains Public Health District provides public and environmental health services for Yoakum County, Texas. Our health clinic for Yoakum County is located in Denver City. Walk-ins are welcome, although some services require an appointment. Interpreters are available – you are not required to provide your own.
- Some services are free (contact us for details)
- Some services are based on a person’s income (sliding scale)
- Medicaid is accepted for some services
- No one is refused services for inability to pay
(arrangements can be made for payment)
Lamesa Health Clinic Services
Sexually Transmitted Infections
Education / Counseling
SPPHD cooperates with Department of State Health Services
on investigations of active cases.
Speakers for schools, parent groups, churches and civic
Lamesa Clinic Staff
Environmental Heath Specialist
Eligibility & Screening Clerk
- Inspection of properly permitted and installed On-Site Sewage Facilities.
- Investigation of septic system complaints.
- Enforcement of On-Site Sewage Facility Rules up to and including prosecution of violators.
- Inspection of public health nuisance complaints.
- Inspection and regulation of food service establishments.
- Education for food handlers to prevent food borne illness.
- Premise and health inspections of day care centers, foster homes, school cafeterias and any childcare facility requesting an on-site inspection.
Referrals to proper agencies are made if anyone has problems or complaints that are not under the local health district’s jurisdiction.
Emergency Preparedness Planning
Work with County Emergency Management to prepare for disaster, whether man-made or natural.