Seminole Public Health Clinic
South Plains Public Health District provides public and environmental health services for Gaines County, Texas. Our health clinic for Gaines County is located in Seminole. Walk-ins are welcome, although some services require an appointment. Interpreters are available – you are not required to provide your own.
Location and Office Hours
704 Hobbs Hwy
Seminole, TX 79360
Monday-Friday, 8:00-5:00pm (closed for lunch from 12:00-1:00pm)
First Monday of the month: 8-6 (not closed for lunch)
First Tuesday after above Monday: 7-6 (not closed for lunch)
- Some services are free (contact us for details)
- Some services are based on a person's income (sliding scale)
- Medicaid is accepted for some services
- No one is refused services for inability to pay (arrangements can be made for payment)
Seminole Clinic Staff
- Zach Holbrooks, MA,
Public Health Director
- Nancy Loewen
- Soronya Shafer, RN
Nursing Service Director
- Amber Carlisle, LVN
- Beth Waldrip, FNP
- Women's Health Program
Seminole Health Clinic Services
Primary Health Care Program
- Acute Care
- Thyroid Dysfunction
- Well Woman Care
- Children under 18 years
- Birth Control
- Pap Smears
- Pregnancy Testing
Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Education / Counseling
- Speakers for schools, parent groups, churches and civic organizations
- Audio Visuals
- Inspection of properly permitted and installed On-Site Sewage Facilities.
- Investigation of septic system complaints.
- Enforcement of On-Site Sewage Facility Rules up to and including prosecution of violators.
- Inspection of public health nuisance complaints.
- Inspection and regulation of food service establishments.
- Education for food handlers to prevent food borne illness.
- Premise and health inspections of day care centers, foster homes, school cafeterias and any childcare facility requesting an on-site inspection.
Referrals to proper agencies are made if anyone has problems or complaints that are not under the local health district’s jurisdiction.
Emergency Preparedness Planning
Work with County Emergency Management to prepare for disaster, whether man-made or natural.