Lamesa Public Health Clinic
South Plains Public Health District provides public and environmental health services for Dawson County, Texas. Our health clinic for Dawson County is located in Lamesa. Walk-ins are welcome, although some services require an appointment. Interpreters are available – you are not require to provide your own.
Location and Office Hours
503 S. 1st Street
Lamesa, TX 79331
Monday-Friday, 8:00-5:00pm (closed for lunch from 12:00-1:00pm)
- Some services are free (contact us for details)
- Some services are based on a person's income (sliding scale)
- Medicaid is accepted for some services
- No one is refused services for inability to pay (arrangements can be made for payment)
Lamesa Clinic Staff
- Victoria Bara, DR
- Judy Morales
- Kathy Shipp, FNP
Lamesa Health Clinic Services
- Birth Control
- Pap Smears
- Pregnancy Testing
Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Education / Counseling
- Skin Tests – for high risk individuals
- Contact Investigation
- Referral to Department of State Health Services for Treatment and Services
- Speakers for schools, parent groups, churches and civic organizations
- Audio Visuals
- Inspection of properly permitted and installed On-Site Sewage Facilities.
- Investigation of septic system complaints.
- Enforcement of On Site Sewage Facility Rules up to and including prosecution of violators.
- Inspection of public health nuisance complaints.
- Inspection and regulation of food service establishments.
- Education for food handlers to prevent food borne illness.
- Premise and health inspections of day care centers, foster homes, school cafeterias and any childcare facility requesting an on-site inspection.
Referrals to proper agencies are made if anyone has problems or complaints that are not under the local
health district’s jurisdiction.
Emergency Preparedness Planning
Work with County Emergency Management to prepare for disaster, whether man-made or natural.